The INCubatoredu Entrepreneur and Enterprise students gave their business pitches to a row of “sharks” at FINAL PITCH NIGHT on Wednesday, May 24. Five entrepreneur teams vied for three awards: Best Pitch Award, Best Business Potential Award and Best Business Model Award:
- The 2nd Player – An app and game service to provide an easy way for players to join a game using their phone as a remote. Mentor: Amy Nelson. Team members: Tavian Douglas-Rogan, Madison Schlieper, Jackson Tweet and Carlos Valdez.
- L.E.A.D. – Leading Every day And Driving Success. A group of young men who want to focus on the “Opportunity Gap” and mentor youth at the elementary school level and create opportunities for them to develop their leadership skills. Mentor: Tracey White. Team members Cornelius Aldridge, Romar Cantu, Rashawn Overton.
- MedID – A bracelet device with a build-in USB drive that carries an individuals medical information and history that will be useful in emergency situations. The information is secure and can be accessed immediately by first responders (EMT’s) and hospitals. Mentor: Randy Jacobs. Team members Shay Chaudhry, Cyan Jerome, Tony Mitchell, Lexi Schoomer.
- Select Senior Services – An organization geared to providing errand, housework and caregiving services for the elderly and/or those with disabilities. Team members Klara Arrington, Makayla Parkins, Michael Dillard.
- WAVES Workers HQ – An app that helps manage employee schedules and communications. Employees can use to manage schedules and emergency situations and employers can take advantage of an easy communication vehicle to their staff. Team members Donovan Ferrel, Ian Lampert, Brandt Samuelson.
The groups that received the top three scores with overall points were L.E.A.D., MedID and Senior Select Services. Groups that received overall awards:
Best Pitch Award: L.E.A.D.
Best Business Potential Award: MedID
Best Business Model Award: L.E.A.D.
L.E.A.D. and MedID will have their team name engraved on the award plaques to be displayed in the INCubatoredu Entrepreneur and Enterprise Classroom.