The Rock Island Music Association was formally incorporated as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization on December 20, 1983 and has stayed true to its mission.
- To facilitate communication between the music faculty, parents and the rest of the community.
- To provide financial support for special projects.
- To build an even greater spirit throughout the music departments and our organization.
RIMA usually meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 pm in the high school. Adjustments are made for months with intercession. Every parent of a music student is automatically a member. Teachers, friends and members of the community who believe in the value of music education are welcome.
How can you help RIMA accomplish its mission?
- Attend the RIMA meetings and help participate in the decisions being made.
- Join a committee and stay involved. Many hands accomplish much.
- Enjoy as many performances as your sons, daughters, and their friends are in.
- Play a variety of music at home.
- In Rock Island, play your music so the entire world can hear.
- Make a gift to support RIMA.
- Attend the organization’s Trivia Night in November.
- Purchase flowers in the lobby for your student at each concert.
- Attend after-concert parties where cookies are served.
Whom should I contact for more information?
- Karen Phillips, President
- Drew Nagle, Vice President
- Mary Brodd, Treasurer
- Sue Witmer, Secretary
- P. O. Box 5111, Rock Island IL 61204
Arts, Education and Americans, 1980
The main goal of the Rock Island Music Association is
to support the music programs of all Rock Island – Milan Schools.