Rock Island/Milan School District School Board
The Rock Island-Milan Board of Education consists of seven community members chosen by school district voters on a non-partisan ballot. Board members are volunteers receive no compensation for their service. Meet the Board of Education >>
Meetings are held in the Rock Island High School Library (1400 25th Avenue) and start at 6:00 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Board establishes policy governing local school matters within the framework set by the State Legislature and the State Board of Education
- Ultimately responsible for the budget, personnel matters, facilities and equipment, and policies for the operation of the district
- Serves as a communications link with the community
- Actively seek the opinions and involvement of the public
School Board Meetings
- Held for the purpose of conducting school business in public
- Two business meetings each month on the second and fourth Tuesdays unless otherwise announced
- Meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. at the Rock Island High School Library
- Citizens are encouraged to comment on school issues of community interest and concern
Public Use of District Facilities: The Board of Education believes that the school facilities and grounds of this District should be made available for community purposes. The Board permits the use of school facilities and grounds only when such permission has been requested in writing within reasonable timelines and has been approved by the building principal and district comptroller. Click here for the application and contract. Click here to review the policies and guidelines before applying. Please complete both and submit to the building principal.